How do you know when times are strange? When you are relieved when you sell your condo and you're only underwater $600. It was going to be $1,500 until I played a little bit of hard ball with the relators. I may have been able to get them to pay more but I didn't want to push it. After all, it's strange times for them too. Strange how so many people seem to be making money off of this transaction except for me. The realtors (of course), my condo association who charges $150 to produce the resale certificate and a $25 "move-out" fee, and carpet cleaners who charge $100+ to clean carpets.
I should be happy that they waived the inspection contingent on me getting the carpets professionally cleaned prior to close. They should consider themselves smart because I WAS NOT going to pay for anything to be "fixed" on top of having to come to the table with money. And if I didn't have animals I probably wouldn't do the carpet either. I plan to take the lose definition of "professionally cleaned". Renting a Carpet Doctor and doing it myself is about as professional as it gets.
We are targeting a September 25th closing date. That seems absolutely unreal to me. I know there is a sharp bend in the road up ahead but my headlights aren't bright enough to see it until it's right in front of me. Then I have to react quickly.
Here's the bright side: If/when this condo sells, I am fortunate enough to have a place to stay with my animals for as long as I need to, rent free. Then, when I do end up getting a job, I will be able to move to a place that is in a good location for the job.
I've been toying with the idea of getting my certificate in Project Management. As you know from my last post, the state is out of worker retraining money. But, if I sell this stupid condo I'll be able to afford to pay for school myself. But some questions still remain: Will this certificate actually help me? I don't feel like the certificate I just earned from the UW has done me any good, after almost $3,000. Assuming no education is bad education, do I enroll in day classes this quarter and plow through or do I go the evening route which is more time, more money, and not as hands on? If I go the day route and for some reason hell freezes over and I do get a job, I'm out all of that money. If I go the evening route, I leave room to get a job but I won't be able to take the first Project Management course until winter quarter. That doesn't do me a lot of good right now. And I'd have to take one class on-line, which I'm not too excited about. But at least I've started and have something to focus on.
I have an interview with P. coming soon (no date scheduled yet). It's for a Project Coordinator position which would nicely complement my career goals of Project Management but the position is far from a sure thing. I'd be working for my previous manager whom I love but unfortunately she does not have final say in the decision. So, during the 4 and a half hour interview I have to convince the rest of the team (and their dogs) that I am the best person for the position. If I didn't have that iron in the fire I'd just start taking the day classes.
What makes this whole thing even more strange is that P. is 1 mile from my condo and Edmonds Community College (where I'm looking at going for my PM Certificate) is 4 blocks from my condo. Wouldn't it just be my luck to get the P. job, start taking classes at EdCC, and sell the condo that is within walking distance of both? Thinking about it all just makes my head spin and my stomach flip.
For now I'm going to try and quiet my spinning head and ease my flipping stomach and hope the answer comes to me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment