While at the gym yesterday before spinning class began I learned that there will be a new yoga studio opening in Edmonds, ironically in one of the locations I had considered. I can’t say I was surprised. I’ve known all along that is was a great idea. Initially I was sad that it was not me opening that yoga studio that I spent 6 months putting a business plan together for. But as I peddled away I remembered why I decided not to do it in the first place.
For me, it was just too risky. It would have taken every last cent of what little capital I do have plus a significant about of begging, borrowing, and stealing (well, probably not stealing but you know what I mean). All of that with no guarantee it would attract enough students to even break even. Not to mention the commitment of all my waking hours and sleeping ones too and the dedication to living under the poverty line. Oh yeah, and the sheer stress of running a small business. But it's validating to know that is was a good idea. I knew it was just a matter of time before someone had enough courage and capital to do it. Not that I ever doubted my decision but this has reaffirmed for me that I did make the right decision for my own circumstances. I just wish they would have opened it earlier. It sure would have been nice to have a yoga studio close by for the 3 years I lived here. Just my luck that one opens as I leave. Ultimately, I wish them nothing but good luck and fortune. I hope they ran their numbers.
Another life altering decision I've made as you know is to sell this condo which seems to be happening. Ironically, I have an interview with P. next Tuesday, which as I mentioned last time, is exactly one mile from this condo. Now the job with P. is in no way a sure thing but it has gotten me thinking about my decision to sell. And I have to say if this condo sells and I get the job with P. it will be shitty timing but I wouldn't regret selling. Granted if I got the job with P. before the condo sold, I would have taken it off the market and called it good. And truth be told ANYTHING can happen at this point. But this was just another confirmation that I do feel in my heart that selling this condo it the right thing to do.
Best case scenario... the condo sells, I get the job at P., and I rent an apartment in Green Lake (one of my most favorite neighborhoods) and have a reverse 20 minute commute. Worst case scenario... the sale doesn't go through and I don't get the job at P. which would mean my life stays as it has been for the last year. I know I can manage that.
In other news... I feel like someone is looking out for me today. I spent the entire day yesterday absolutely sick to my stomach with anxiety over money. My car has been making a very strange smell in the last few days. I assumed it was my breaks (even though I know breaks don't smell when they are going out) because I have 107,000 miles on my car and have never had a break job. I feared I was looking at a good $1,000 if it was the breaks and more if it was something with the engine. So with great interpretation I took it in today to find out the damage. You will not believe what they told me.
The breaks are fine. Apparently I still have about 40% left. I have no idea how that is possible but I'm not complaining! The guy who checked my breaks said he did smell the strange smell but he had no idea what it was. So, he asked one of his buddy to "take a sniff". Buddy's response "you want me to smell the car?" Yep. They all smelled the smell (I'm not crazy). Diagnosis: A melting plastic bag stuck to my engine. Any ounce of stupidity I felt was completely washed away be the sheer relief.
Cost to fix my car: zero dollars. Cost of the lesson to not completely and totally stress out until you know the facts: priceless!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment