Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Things I Took for Granted

Well, perhaps ‘took for granted’ is too strong of a statement. This is a list of things I appreciate more now after spending a month in Thailand.

  • Toilets with seats
  • Toilets that flush
  • Toilet paper
  • Hot showers
  • Consistent rules/laws
  • Consistency in general
  • Relatively flat and even sidewalks
  • The American standard of healthcare
  • Understanding the native language
  • Rules of the road that are generally agreed upon and followed by all
  • Cold drinking water
  • Brushing my teeth with tap water
  • ‘Free’ water with your meal at a restaurant
  • Electricity
  • Strong, fast, cheap wi-fi whenever I want it
  • Clean air
  • Clean city
  • Facebook (which is allowing me to stay in contact with all of my new friends around the world)

I’m sure there’s more but these are the big ones.

1 comment:

  1. Rules of the road: I remember our cab driver in Kathmandu total taking out a motor cycle because of a disagreement on who actually had right of way. And yes, everything to do with toilets is a good thing. I don't really care if it's a hole in the ground as long as it doesn't have other people's shit all over it! Glad you had a great trip, glad you got back in one piece.

    ReplyDelete