We made it!!! After 20 hours of travel we are finally here. I wrote a post on my 'trial' version of MS Office while on the plane and now MS is telling me I have to purchase the software to get my document. Fuckers. I'll have to retype at a later date.
Any ways, some of the highlights so far: We had a 2 hour layover in Tokyo so we ate sushi. I was thrilled to eat sushi in Japan, even if it was in the airport. I overheard our pilot as we were getting off the plane in Tokyo referring to our flight as the "vomit commit". He was right. Apparently there was a significant wind storm as we were landing. The pilot even aborted our first touchdown attempt about 100 feet before we landed. We did end up landing eventually and I DID NOT puke but came pretty darn close.
We are now in Bangkok in a super cool hotel. I took lots of pictures and will upload soon. We are off to the weekend market to see all the crazy stuff. It's hot here and very humid. Reminds me of Chicago in the summer. But I'm not complaining.
Not sure where we are staying tonight but plan to do Kho San Road this evening then take the overnight train to Chiang Mai tomorrow evening.
I hope you all are well and wish you could be here!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I wish i could be there also...
ReplyDeleteMo Chit Station, weekend market,how nice!!!!
Remember to drink what they call "orange juice",but cold in little cute plastic bottles.
Have a great time!!!
way to go!! I bet that sushi even in the airport was choice!! Did you have anything particularly interesting? Keep us updated!
ReplyDeleteSweet - can't wait to hear a blow by blow account of your travels. Now, just forget MS Word and use this instead: http://download.live.com/writer. I use it to write my posts offline then click the Publish button. Really phenomenal tool.
ReplyDelete