Hello again. I'm still alive if you were wondering. And the job search continues. I have a few leads right now but what I've learned is that a lead is nothing more than a slight glimmer of hope. Are any employers pulling the hiring trigger right now? I've been monitoring the career section of the company that I really wanted to get into and they haven't closed a single job since I found them back in May. The HR Generalist position that I originally interviewed for is still open even after the hiring manager told me in the interview that the new person will be starting the first week of August. I have half a mind to e-mail the contract recruiter I was dealing with just to see what's going on, just out of curiosity. Perhaps the company isn't doing as well as it appeared. And once again, everything happens for a reason. The universe works in strange ways. I just have to remember that the next time I think I really want the job. I have to do my best with the information I have at the time but ultimately trust that the universe will do what's best. It's tough to keep the big picture in mind when you can't actually see the big picture.
With that being said... I found a job that I'm really excited about and truly believe I am perfect for above all others. And this time I mean it! It is with a company that does neonatal hearing screenings. Those of you who know me well know that I have a congenital, unilateral, conductive, educationally significant hearing loss in my right ear and my degree is in Speech and Hearing Science. Not only do I have the professional background to do the job well (previous management experience, hiring, attention to detail, computer literate, etc) I have the personal/sympathetic aspect as well. Seems to me not many other people can say that. So I'm meeting with my career counselor today at 3:00 to talk about what I need to do to get this job. Because I seem to be doing something wrong or at least I'm not doing something right.
So I've been a little stalkish about it. Using my crazy detective/recruiting prowess I was able to hunt down the name of the Pediatric Clinical Coordinator at the hospital this position is located in and the recruiter's name of the company that is hiring for this position. Unfortunately, I don't seem to know anyone who knows either one of these people directly. Will be consulting with my career counselor on what to do next. I can't tell you how badly I want to pick up the phone and call the recruiter directly right now. But I will wait. Stay tuned for more on that as it arises.
On a non-job hunting funny story note... On Monday I was bit in the hand by an overweight Wiener dog (who's name was probably Napoleon) who's owner had dreadlocks down to her butt cheeks and who doesn't speak on Mondays. Yes, you read it right, this woman doesn't speak on Mondays. That's just my luck... to get bit on Monday, the only day of the week the woman doesn't speak. She did show me the dog's tags which said he's had his shots so that's good. But who the hell brings a vicious Wiener dog out in public and leaves him unattended? The cafe owner told me that the woman usually has a sign that says "don't pet the dog" but apparently that was too much communication for a Monday. So it hurts like a bitch as all deep puncture wound to the palm do but other than that it seems to be fine. So if you find yourself in the Leshi neighborhood and happen to see a cute little Wiener dog sitting there innocently, run the other way. And it's probably best to just steer clear of that neighborhood altogether on Mondays.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment