I think everyone is forced to take a few steps back right now. And by 'everyone' I mean everyone who is job hunting. I think that I'm not getting the jobs that I'm qualified for because the people who are overqualified are getting them. So that means I have to play the game too. I have to go for the jobs that I'm overqualified for which really makes my stomach turn. I am applying for a job title that I held four years ago. It's not that it's a bad job I just hate the idea of stepping backwards in both responsibility and in pay. So then I think, well, if I have to take a hit in responsibility and pay then I should get into something new. At least I won't be doing things that I have hired people to do for me in the past. But when the unemployment rate is close to 10%, a career change is next to impossible. Now EVERYONE is more qualified than I.
I should be thankful that I have 10 years of experience and not a fresh grad. But I'm finding myself in this strange Gen-X place in the middle. I have good experience and have earned a good living but there are soooo many Baby Boomers out there still that have way more experience. On the other side of the spectrum you have the Gen-Yers who have less experience, are just as ambitious as I am, but are use to making way less money. So what needs to happen is the Baby Boomers need to retire already!!! It sucks for all of us that you lost so much money in crazy divorces and the stupid stock market.
But at the end of the day I need to shut the hell up, eat my yummy humble pie, and apply for this stupid job already.
Side notes:
- No, I haven't heard back yet from the job I really want. But time is not my friend in this game.
- I'm being held captive in my condo with no food. The HOA thought it'd be a great idea to have FiOS installed in all the units. I thought I'd only have to be here in the morning to let them in. Noooooo, I have to be here all F...ing day for a service I don't even need, want, or can afford. Ahhhhhhhhh!
No comments:
Post a Comment