Friday, January 8, 2010

Preparing to Prepare

I have begun preparing for my month in Thailand. There seems to be a lot to do. Here's what I've done so far and what I still need to do:

Done:
  • Purchased airfare.
  • Visit doctor. Received a prescription for Cipro for travelers diarrhea, however, there is a nation wide shortage of Cipro so I'll have to buy it in Thailand. Also received a prescription for Malarone for Malaria but it's $200 so will also buy that in Thailand. And a prescription for Ambien, which is $60 but well worth it for the 20 hour flight and the jet lag. Also received a shot in the left arm for Hepatitis A (I'm not really worried about B or C).
  • Went to Target and got the seasonal flu shot in my right arm.
  • Purchased travel books for Thailand, Thailand: Islands and Beaches, and Vietnam.
  • Secured cat arrangements.
  • Purchased travel backpack.
  • Got 2 journals to write it but probably only need one. I seem to have a nack for collecting journals... most are only half full.

Need to do:

  • Purchase travelers insurance
  • Get H1N1 shot
  • Look into Typhoid medicine
  • Secure dog arrangements
  • Buy netbook
  • Wax (closer to departure date)
  • Pay bills for next month
  • Figure out where I/we want to go
  • Use iTunes gift certificates to buy more music for iPod (after I buy the netbook)

Can you think of anything else?

1 comment:

  1. Totally recommend an audio book as well. It makes falling asleep on a long flight a lot easier. Enjoy your trip :-)

    ReplyDelete